Saturday, March 22, 2008

Some of my artwork


TWENTY SOMETHING
This was the theme painting for my first solo exhibition. I had just returned from the UK and Europe and was trying to find myself again. It was called 'Twenty Something' because I would always tell my art students that I was twenty something when they asked how old I was.



SCREAMING WOMEN
These paintings depict woman who verbalise very destructive comments when it comes to their relationship, or lack of, with men. The comments by each woman are "I wonder if he's with another woman" (pink) "Mr Right! Where?" (orange) "What do you mean you can't offer me a relationship" (green), "I can hear my biological clock ticking" (blue) and "Why hasn't he called me?" (purple).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MIss, in the "20 sumthin" girl....when were u blonde???




-Button